FCC Kicks Off Review of Retrans Rules
12:50 PM PST 3/3/2011 by Georg Szalai
The FCC is looking to strengthen and clarify its powers in program disputes between broadcasters and TV distributors.
NEW YORK -- The FCC on Thursday formally invited comments on possible reforms to current rules governing retransmission consent negotiations amid recent high-profile program disputes between broadcasters and pay TV providers.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile