Feinbaum to develop Scripps Networks
Media firm E.W. Scripps is looking to get even more revenue and growth out of its fastest-growing unit, Scripps Networks, which houses such cable networks as HGTV, Food Network, DIY Network, Fine Living TV and Great American Country.
The company on Wednesday promoted Ron Feinbaum, who helped build Scripps Networks Interactive, to executive vp business development at Scripps Networks.
Most recently general manager and senior vp Scripps Networks Interactive, he now will be responsible for "scouting new business and acquisition opportunities" for the networks, "including (in) the interactive media space with which he is so familiar," the company said.
"This is a significant step toward leveraging the strength of our brands to accelerate growth by adding new and different revenue streams," Scripps Networks president John Lansing said.
The promotion of Feinbaum, who assumes his new duties this month, comes after recent comments from Scripps executives that they have been evaluating a separation of the firm's TV operations from its newspaper group, which they argued has held Scripps back.
Feinbaum also will oversee a new innovation process designed to find business ideas generated by Scripps Networks employees.
He pointed to the division's ability to move beyond the TV screen, citing publishing partnerships and interactive ventures with Comcast.net, MSN, Amazon and Yahoo! Inc., as well as a merchandising deal for Food Network cookware to be sold in Kohl's stores this year.
"Now we will have the focus, infrastructure and processes in place to do even more with our brands to increase consumer awareness and generate incremental revenue streams," Feinbaum said.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera