Felicia Day to Host 2013 Shorty Awards (Exclusive)
The "Guild" and "Dr. Horrible" star with "an insane addiction to Twitter" will emcee the fifth annual event on April 8 in New York City.
Felicia Day will host the 5th Annual Shorty Awards honoring the best of social media.
The ceremony is being held April 8 at the New York Times Tower, where individuals, brands and organizations will be honored for their savvy on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other platforms.
Among this year's boldfaced-name nominees: Lindsay Lohan and Selena Gomez in the "Best Actress" category; Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus for "Best Celebrity"; and Reuters deputy social media editor Matthew Keys, indicted last week for allegedly conspiring with Anonymous to deface Tribune Co. websites, is up for "Best Journalist."
"I'm thrilled to be hosting the Shorty Awards, it is a validating justification for my insane addiction to Twitter," says Day, the entrepreneurial creator, producer and star of the popular web series The Guild.
"I can't wait to meet all of the witty people I follow in person at this event, it will be a great evening and celebration of everything social media."
With two million Twitter followers, Day has transcended her cult following online also thanks to roles on Joss Whedon's Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, the CW's Supernatural and SyFy's Eureka. She recently launched a YouTube channel, Geek and Sundry, which hosts The Guild and other series with geeky themes such as gaming and comics.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR