Fergie Officially Changes Name
A judge approves the singer's request to change both her first and last names.
Stacy Ann Ferguson no longer exists.
At least, the Black Eyed Peas singer no longer goes by that name. On Friday, a judge granted her request to officially change her name to Fergie Duhamel, according to TMZ.
The singer, who is married to Josh Duhamel, requested the change last month. According to the documents she filed in L.A. County Superior Court, she wanted to "conform to the first name which she is commonly and professionally known as, and has been for many years."
Before receiving approval, she was required to publish a notice in a local newspaper for four weeks. It's the same process that Ron Artest, who currently plays for the New York Knicks, went through before becoming Metta World Peace two years ago.
The Duhamels wed in January 2009 and are expecting their first child together, a baby boy.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR