'Ferris' actor fails to register as sex offender
Los Angeles prosecutors say they have charged "Ferris Bueller" actor Jeffrey Jones with failing to update his sex offender registration information.
Los Angeles County district attorney's spokeswoman Sandi Gibbons says Jones was charged Wednesday. Records show he was arrested by Los Angeles police on June 23.
Jones, 63, pleaded no contest in 2003 in Florida to a felony charge of employing a 14-year-old boy to pose for sexually explicit photos. He was arrested in 2004 in Florida for failing to register as a sex offender there.
The film actor is best known for playing the principal in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." An email seeking comment from his management company was not returned.
He is due for arraignment on July 14.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR