'Fifty Shades' Casting Shake-Up: Who Should Play Christian Grey Now? (Poll)
Charlie Hunnam's departure was announced over the weekend, just a few weeks before production was scheduled to begin.
With news that Charlie Hunnam has exited Fifty Shades of Grey, producers are now scrambling to find his replacement.
On Saturday, Universal Pictures said in a statement that the Sons of Anarchy star had bowed out due to scheduling issues.
"The filmmakers of Fifty Shades of Grey and Charlie Hunnam have agreed to find another male lead given Hunnam's immersive TV schedule, which is not allowing him time to adequately prepare for the role of Christian Grey," Universal said.
Two sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Hunnam, 33, was overwhelmed with the attention he received from being cast in the movie and got cold feet about carrying such a high-profile project. The movie was scheduled to go into production in Vancouver the first of November.
Among the names bandied about as potential stars before Hunnam was cast were Robert Pattinson, Henry Cavill, Ian Somerhalder and Matt Bomer.
Garrett Hedlund had an informal offer, but he turned down the role because he couldn't wrap his head around the character.
Who do you think should play the billionaire Christian Grey? Take THR's poll, or offer your own suggestions in the comments below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR