'Fifty Shades of Grey': 5 Things to Know About Charlie Hunnam and Dakota Johnson
The duo will play Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele in Universal's highly anticipated adaptation.
After months of speculation, EL James set Twitter abuzz on Monday by announcing Charlie Hunnam and Dakota Johnson as the actors cast in her Fifty Shades of Grey big-screen adaptation. The duo will play Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele, respectively, in the Universal/Focus Features pic.
The film follows college student Steele as she engages in a racy relationship with 27-year-old billionaire Grey.
Hunnam is perhaps best known for his starring role in the hit FX drama Sons of Anarchy, while he also hit the big screen in Pacific Rim. Johnson, meanwhile, previously starred in Fox's canceled comedy Ben & Kate, and her film credits include The Social Network and 21 Jump Street.
In honor of the casting, here are five things to know about Hunnam and Johnson.
1. Johnson, 23, is the daughter of Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson.
2. Hunnam, 33, hails from England, where he earned a degree in theory and history of film from Cumbria College.
3. In 2006, Johnson served as the first-ever second-generation Miss Golden Globe.
4. Hunnam was Sons of Anarchy showrunner Kurt Sutter's first and only choice for the role of Jax after he spotted the actor in 2005's Green Street Hooligans.
5. In 2009, Hunnam -- also a budding screenwriter -- sold his Dracula-based script Vlad to Brad Pitt's Plan B and Summit Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR