'Fifty Shades of Grey' Begins Filming
Author EL James and producer Dana Brunetti took to Twitter to note that production is underway.
The movie adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey is officially underway.
The highly anticipated film began shooting in Vancouver on Sunday, with author EL James posting an Instagram photo of the slate during the first take of the 25th scene.
Producer Dana Brunetti retweeted the photo, adding, "And we're off."
— Dana Brunetti (@DanaBrunetti) December 1, 2013
Screenwriter Kelly Marcel also tweeted her well wishes to the Fifty Shades team.
— Kelly Marcel (@MissMarcel) December 1, 2013
Photos also emerged of stars Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson filming a scene in a cafe, with Dornan's Christian Grey looking dapper in a dark suit and white shirt with the collar unbuttoned.
Johnson is playing Anastasia Steele, while Eloise Mumford will play Anastasia's best friend, Kate Kavanagh. Luke Grimes is Christian's brother, Elliot, Victor Rasuk is Anastasia's close friend Jose and Jennifer Ehle is Anastasia's mother, Carla. Max Martini was recently cast as Jason Taylor, the head of Christian's security team.
Focus Features and Universal are set to release the movie on Feb. 13, 2015.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR