'Fifty Shades of Grey' Casts Anastasia's Stepfather Ray Steele
Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan star in the adaption of E.L. James' steamy novel.
Fifty Shades of Grey has cast Callum Keith Rennie as Ray Steele, the stepfather of Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson).
Universal's and Focus Features' adaptation of EL James' erotic novel is currently shooting in Vancouver, Canada.
Johnson plays Anastasia Steele, a somewhat naive college student who falls for a mysterious and handsome billionaire, Christian Grey, played by Jamie Dornan. Ray is Anastasia's mother's (Jennifer Ehle) ex-husband, whom Anastasia considers her "real" father. In the book, Ray meets Anastasia's new love interest at her college graduation.
Anastasia has more than one stepfather. In the book, her mother, Carla, is married to a man named Bob, who will be played by Dylan Neal.
Already starring in the film are Rita Ora as Mia Grey, Marcia Gay Harden as Dr. Grace Trevelyan Grey, Eloise Mumford as Anastasia’s best friend, Kate Kavanagh, Victor Rasuk as Anastasia’s close friend Jose and Max Martini as Grey’s bodyguard.
Fifty Shades of Grey is produced by Michael de Luca and Dana Brunetti alongside James. Sam Taylor-Johnson is directing. Kelly Marcel wrote the initial draft of the screenplay, with subsequent script work from Patrick Marber and Mark Bomback.
Rennie recently completed The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet and the indie Ride. He is repped by APA, Elizabeth Hodgson of Hodgson Management Group and attorney Bob Lange of Kleinberg Lange Cuddy & Carlo.
Fifty Shades of Grey is slated to hit theaters Feb. 13, 2015.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'