'Fifty Shades of Grey' Casts Bodyguard Role
The actor of "Pacific Rim" and "Captain Phillips" is also part of NBC's mid-season thriller "Crisis."
Max Martini, who was seen in this summer’s Pacific Rim and plays a SEAL commander in Captain Phillips, has signed to play Christian Grey’s bodyguard in Universal and Focus Features’ Fifty Shades of Grey.
The roll call of the adaptation of E. L. James’ best-selling novel consists of Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson as Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele, respectively, plus Eloise Mumford as Anastasia’ best friend Kate Kavanagh; Luke Grimes as Christian’s brother, Elliot; Victor Rasuk as Anastasia’s close friend, José; and Jennifer Ehle as Anastasia’s mother, Carla.
Martini will be playing Jason Taylor, the head of Christian’s security team.
Sam Taylor-Johnson is directing the movie, which is eyeing an early December start.
Martini, repped by ICM Partners, also did a stint on ABC’s Revenge and is part of the cast of NBC’s mid-season thriller, Crisis, which stars Gillian Anderson and Dermot Mulroney.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David