'Fifty Shades of Grey' Casts Bodyguard Role
The actor of "Pacific Rim" and "Captain Phillips" is also part of NBC's mid-season thriller "Crisis."
Max Martini, who was seen in this summer’s Pacific Rim and plays a SEAL commander in Captain Phillips, has signed to play Christian Grey’s bodyguard in Universal and Focus Features’ Fifty Shades of Grey.
The roll call of the adaptation of E. L. James’ best-selling novel consists of Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson as Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele, respectively, plus Eloise Mumford as Anastasia’ best friend Kate Kavanagh; Luke Grimes as Christian’s brother, Elliot; Victor Rasuk as Anastasia’s close friend, José; and Jennifer Ehle as Anastasia’s mother, Carla.
Martini will be playing Jason Taylor, the head of Christian’s security team.
Sam Taylor-Johnson is directing the movie, which is eyeing an early December start.
Martini, repped by ICM Partners, also did a stint on ABC’s Revenge and is part of the cast of NBC’s mid-season thriller, Crisis, which stars Gillian Anderson and Dermot Mulroney.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR