'Fifty Shades of Grey' Casts Anastasia's Roommate
UPDATED: Eloise Mumford is joining the Sam Taylor-Johnson-directed adaptation from Universal and Focus Features.
Eloise Mumford, best known for her work on TV’s The River and Lone Star, has nabbed the role of Kate in Fifty Shades of Grey.
Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson are starring as Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele, respectively, in the adaptation of E L James’ best-selling novel that Sam Taylor-Johnson is directing for Universal and Focus Features.
The cast also includes Luke Grimes as Christian’s brother, Elliot; Victor Rasuk as Anastasia’s close friend, José; and Jennifer Ehle as Anastasia’s mother, Carla.
Kate Kavanagh is Steele’s best friend and her polar opposite. She is also meant to be drop-dead gorgeous, leaving men panting.
Mumford recently starred as the female lead in ABC pilot Reckless opposite Patrick Fugit and directed by Martin Campbell. She was also in Universal and Blumhouse’s Not Safe for Work, a thriller which will likely bypass a theatrical release and find other distribution avenues.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!