'Fifty Shades of Grey': Jennifer Ehle to Play Anastasia Steele's Mother
Dakota Johnson and Charlie Hunnam will star in the adaptation of the erotic novel.
Anastasia Steele has a mother.
Jennifer Ehle has been cast as Carla in Fifty Shades of Grey, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Carla is the mother of Anastasia Steele, the college student who falls for 27-year-old billionaire Christian Grey. Dakota Johnson is starring as Steele and Charlie Hunnam will play Grey.
Universal and Focus Features' forthcoming adaptation, based on EL James' racy and extremely popular novel, is being directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson and produced by Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti alongside author James. Kelly Marcel wrote the screenplay.
Ehle, who most recently shot the upcoming Robocop film, has previously appeared in Zero Dark Thirty and Contagion. She was also tapped for a role in upcoming heist movie The Forger, which started shooting today. She's repped by ICM Partners.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR