'Fifty Shades of Grey' Readies a Kinky, Classical Soundtrack
Fifty Shades of Grey enthusiasts still struggling to find the proper playlist for their own "Red Room Of Pain," take note: E L James' bestselling S&M book series is releasing a soundtrack to listen to while reading the first three novels -- or reenacting their favorite passages.
Much like the books before it, Fifty Shades of Grey - The Classical Album gets a digital release (Aug. 21) ahead of the CD's arrival in stores (Sept. 18).
EMI Classics, which is releasing the album, credits the books with the recent Classical music sales boost, citing Thomas Tallis' 16th century "Spem in Alium" topping British charts after being referenced in Fifty Shades.
"I am thrilled that the classical pieces that inspired me while I wrote the Fifty Shades Trilogy are being brought together in one collection for all lovers of the books to enjoy," said James of the album.
Other efforts on the 15-track compilation include familiar works from Chopin, Debussy and Bach -- as well as that quintessential kinky sex anthem, Pachelbel's "Canon in D."
Read the full track list below:
1. Lakmé (Act I): Flower Duet (Mady Mesplé, Danielle Millet)
2. Bach: Adagio from Concerto #3 BWV 974 (Alexandre Tharaud)
3. Villa-Lobos: Bachianas Brasilerias #5 - Cantilena (Barbara Hendricks)
4. Verdi: La Traviata Prelude (Riccardo Muti / Philharmonia Orchestra)
5. Pachelbel: Canon in D (Sir Neville Marriner/ Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields)
6. Tallis: Spem in Alium (The Tallis Scholars)
7. Chopin: Prelude #4 in E minor, Largo (Samson François)
8. Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto #2 - Adagio Sostenuto (Cecile Ousset, Sir Simon Rattle / CBSO)
9. Vaughan Williams: Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis (Sir Adrian Boult / LPO)
10. Canteloube: Chants d'auvergne, Bailero (Arleen Auger)
11. Chopin: Nocturne #1 in B-flat minor (Samson François)
12. Faure: Requiem - In Paradisum (Choir of King's College, Cambridge / Stephen Cleobury)
13. Bach: Goldberg Variation - Aria (Maria Tipo)
14. Debussy: La Fille Aux Cheveux de Lin (Moura Lympany)
15. Bach: Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring (Alexis Weissenberg)