'Fifty Shades of Grey' Rides Hollywood's S&M Wave
With kinky series planned for FX and Showtime, EL James' racy new book (and upcoming film adaptation) isn't the only hot property with a focus on sexual proclivities.
This story first appeared in the May 18 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Book agents aren't the only ones rabid for racy sexual material a la EL James' Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy.
Vince Vaughn is developing the book I Was a Teenage Dominatrix into a series called Whipped for FX, and Showtime's mulling over The Box, from producer Harris Salomon and based on the real-life experiences of famed Mistress Raven.
Raven's had other premium cable gigs: Nick Broomfield made a doc about her club called Pandora's Box for HBO in 1996.
In fact, HBO's Bored to Death shot there. Now retired, Raven lived the S&M life successfully for many years. "I just want to ask the writer of Fifty Shades of Grey," she told THR, "if she's engaged in this activity in her personal life. I'm really surprised no one has asked her that."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR