'Fifty Shades of Grey' Rides Hollywood's S&M Wave
With kinky series planned for FX and Showtime, EL James' racy new book (and upcoming film adaptation) isn't the only hot property with a focus on sexual proclivities.
This story first appeared in the May 18 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Book agents aren't the only ones rabid for racy sexual material a la EL James' Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy.
Vince Vaughn is developing the book I Was a Teenage Dominatrix into a series called Whipped for FX, and Showtime's mulling over The Box, from producer Harris Salomon and based on the real-life experiences of famed Mistress Raven.
Raven's had other premium cable gigs: Nick Broomfield made a doc about her club called Pandora's Box for HBO in 1996.
In fact, HBO's Bored to Death shot there. Now retired, Raven lived the S&M life successfully for many years. "I just want to ask the writer of Fifty Shades of Grey," she told THR, "if she's engaged in this activity in her personal life. I'm really surprised no one has asked her that."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'