‘The Fighter’s’ Mark Wahlberg on Filming: ‘It Was Real Boxing’
'I was really hitting people and they hit back. Hard,' the actor tells THR.
If Mark Wahlberg's boxing scenes in The Fighter come across as very real and painful, it's because the actor took the blows himself rather than a stunt double.
"You have to make it real. I was really hitting people and they hit back. Hard," Wahlberg tells The Hollywood Reporter at the Cinema Society and Men's Health screening of The Fighter in Manhattan on Friday.
"This wasn't a stylized fight it was real boxing," he adds.
This is not to say the actor, who is garnering serious award buzz for his performance as underdog boxer Mickey Ward, didn't have a plan to deal with the pain.
"The real secret in doing a scene where I was hit in the face was to make sure it the last shot of the day," says Wahlberg.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game