Film Movement Acquires French Thriller 'Free Men,' Starring Tahar Rahim
The feature, set in Vichy, France, focuses on a Muslim Algerian immigrant who joins the resistance.
Film Movement has acquired North American rights to the French thriller Free Men, the second feature film from Ismael Ferroukhi (Le Grand Voyage).
The film, which is playing the Toronto International Film Festival and stars Tahar Rahim, is based on the true story of a Muslim Algerian immigrant living in Vichy, France who was inspired to join the resistance because of a friendship with a Jewish singer.
The deal was negotiated by Film Movement president Adley Gartenstein and VP of acquisitions and distribution Rebeca Conget and Pyramide’s Yoann Ubermulhin.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR