Filmart 2012: Showbox’s ‘Thieves’ Gets Pan-Asian Bow
Showbox’s Filmart slate also includes the $20 million creature drama “Mr. Go 3D.”
HONG KONG -- Showbox’s The Thieves, the Korean heist film directed by Choi Dong-hoon with a Korean and Hong Kong cast, has closed presale deals with Dream Movie Entertainment for Singapore and Malaysia, Queen International Pictures for Indonesia and Catchplay for Taiwan.
Set for a Korean release this summer, the film revolves around six Korean master thieves joining forces with four Chinese counterparts to steal a priceless diamond from a casino in Macau. The film will feature a who’s who of Korean and Hong Kong stars, including Kim Yun-seok (Punch), Kim Hye-soo (Tazza: The High Rollers), Lee Jung-jae (The Housemaid), Gianna Jun (My Sassy Girl), Simon Yam (Ip Man), Derek Tsang (Dream Home) and Hong Kong-based Malaysian actress Angelica Lee (The Eye).
Showbox’s Filmart slate also includes the $20 million creature drama Mr. Go 3D from director Kim Yong-hwa. A stereoscopic extravaganza about a gorilla trained to play professional baseball, the film is in production for a summer 2013 release. Showbox will also be shopping the romantic comedy Love On-Air, this year’s Hong Kong International Film Festival selection From Seoul to Varanasi, the action thrillers Confession of Murder and A Company Man and the Korean box office smash Nameless Gangster: Rules of the Time.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR