Filmart: A Market-by-Market Look at Asian Film
Screen horror sparks debate in Thailand, "The Kids" are not all right in Singapore, and Japan weathers tragedy.
INDIA: Hollywood joins forces with Bollywood
The courtship between Hollywood and Bollywood continues with Killing Fields director Roland Joffe’s Singularity. Currently shooting in India, the time-travel epic features Bollywood star Bipasha Basu and Josh Hartnett as star-crossed lovers whose saga spans 18th century colonial India to the present. If rumors are to be believed, an even more high-profile connection between the film sectors is in the works: There is talk that Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan will join Leonardo DiCaprio in writer-director Paul Schrader’s upcoming drama Xtreme City. Unconfirmed reports suggest that Khan could also co-produce the film via his Red Chillies banner with Martin Scorsese.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR