Filmauro, Medusa pact for home video
Filmauro productions to be released by Medusa Video
TAORMINA, Italy -- Aurelio De Laurentiis' production company Filmauro is getting involved in the home entertainment business, distributing digitized versions of its productions through the Medusa Video network.
The deal, which will take effect in July, links two of the biggest names in the Italian media world: De Laurentiis, nephew of famed producer Dino De Laurentiis, and the son of the late producer Luigi De Laurentiis, has produced some of the highest-grossing Italian films in the past three years. Medusa Video is a subsidiary of broadcast giant Mediaset, controlled by billionaire media tycoon and current Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi.
The deal will see Filmauro productions developed in a home entertainment format by Filmauro Home Video and distributed by Medusa Video.
The first film distributed under the agreement will be comic actor Carlo Verdone's "Grande, Grosso ... e Verdone" (Great, Grand ... and Verdone), one of the most successful Italian films of the year so far.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!