Filmauro, Medusa pact for home video
Filmauro productions to be released by Medusa Video
TAORMINA, Italy -- Aurelio De Laurentiis' production company Filmauro is getting involved in the home entertainment business, distributing digitized versions of its productions through the Medusa Video network.
The deal, which will take effect in July, links two of the biggest names in the Italian media world: De Laurentiis, nephew of famed producer Dino De Laurentiis, and the son of the late producer Luigi De Laurentiis, has produced some of the highest-grossing Italian films in the past three years. Medusa Video is a subsidiary of broadcast giant Mediaset, controlled by billionaire media tycoon and current Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi.
The deal will see Filmauro productions developed in a home entertainment format by Filmauro Home Video and distributed by Medusa Video.
The first film distributed under the agreement will be comic actor Carlo Verdone's "Grande, Grosso ... e Verdone" (Great, Grand ... and Verdone), one of the most successful Italian films of the year so far.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR