Filmmaker Whit Stillman Signs With UTA (Exclusive)
The writer-director is heading to Cannes to hold meetings for his next movie project.
Whit Stillman has signed with UTA.
The indie filmmaker is known for spotlighting the talents of rising young actresses, including Mira Sorvino (1994’s Barcelona), Kate Beckinsale and Chloe Sevigny (1998’s The Last Days of Disco) and Greta Gerwig and Analeigh Tipton (2011’s Damsels in Distress). Stillman will be in Cannes to hold meetings for his next film, a period comedy set in Britain. “I believe this new story has the best female part of all the films I’ve made,” the writer-director-producer tells The Hollywood Reporter.
He will be changing things up on the small screen with a “male-focused” pilot script set up at Sony Pictures Television, with Jamie Tarses producing.
Stillman’s screenplay for his directorial debut, Metropolitan, received an Oscar nomination in 1991.
Stillman continues to be repped by Paul Nelson at Mosaic and attorneys Jerry Dasti of New York’s Dasti Murphy and Jeremy Gawade of London’s Lee & Thompson.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)