'Final Destination 5' Set for Day-and-Date Release on Imax 3D Screens
It's the first of the Warner Bros. franchise to be released on Imax.
TORONTO -- Warner Bros. Pictures is to release Final Destination 5 on Imax 3D screens, the first to be super-sized from the Final Destination franchise.
Final Destination 5 will be rolled out on 223 domestic and international 3D digital screens, day-and-date with the film's worldwide release on Aug. 12, Imax reported Thursday.
The tentpole is the latest addition to Imax’s 2011 film slate, which underwhelmed in the first half of the year, but has picked up after Transformers 2 performed and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2, also from Warner Bros., broke opening weekend box office records.
"Final Destination 5 is an exciting new addition to our 2011 slate and another example of our strong and enduring relationship with Warner Bros. Pictures," Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Filmed Entertainment, said in a statement.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR