New Fiona Apple Album Coming In Weeks, Says Epic's L.A. Reid
The label chairman and "X Factor" judge revealed the news on Twitter, promising new music from the reclusive singer.
Fiona Apple sightings are few and far between, especially in the last six-plus years -- that’s how long it’s been since the singer last released an album then promptly retreated from public life. But according to Epic Records chairman LA Reid, that’s about to change.
“Lots of good music coming from @Epic_Records in the next few weeks… Welcome back Fiona!” the veteran executive and X Factor judge tweeted. For confirmation, a follower asked for Fiona clarification to which Reid replied, “YES Fiona Apple!”
Since breaking out in 1997 with the ahead-of-its-time hit “Criminal,” which came complete with heroin-chic-flavored video (see below), Apple has developed a devout cult following despite little output (her last album, 2005’s Extraordinary Machine, sold 500,000 copies but fizzled fairly quickly). Still, the singer made reference to having completed an album at a recent appearance at Los Angeles’ Largo, where she accompanied longtime producer and venue regular Jon Brion.
Reid revealed no further details in his Twitter feed, but we can can anticipate his future comments now: that it will be epic.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR