Fire on 'Transformers 4' Set Damages Old Home
The Michael Bay sequel is shooting in Texas.
While the Transformers have torn up the streets of Los Angeles and Washington D.C. onscreen, the Michael Bay-helmed series starring alien robots caused some real-life damage to a home on the set of Transformers 4.
A century-old home on the film’s set in Texas was damaged in a fire believed to have been caused by pyrotechnics, TMZ reports. Officials said the fire began in the attic and was put out before it reached the rest of the house. However, "substantial damage” was done to the home's attic.
"There was one injury to a civilian who was transported to the hospital by Austin Travis County EMS,” a Pflugerville Fire Department rep told TMZ. “We have no other information on this person or their injury. "
An official cause has not been determined, and it is believed to have been accidental. The Hollywood Reporter has contacted the Pflugerville Fire Department for more information.
In 2010, an extra on Transformers 3 was injured critically when a cable pulling a stunt car apparently snapped and crashed through the windshield of her car. Gabriella Cedillo received an $18.5 million settlement because of the incident in 2012.
Transformers 4, starring Mark Wahlberg, is set for a June 27, 2014, release.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!