First 'Lone Survivor' Trailer Shows Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch on a Mission Gone Wrong (Video)
Peter Berg's drama is based on the real-life failed mission of a group of Navy SEALs.
The first trailer for Peter Berg's Lone Survivor has debuted, showing off a strong brotherhood among soldiers, some breathtaking landscape and a lot of manly beards.
The action drama, written and directed by Berg, stars Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch, Eric Bana, Emile Hirsch and Ben Foster as a group of Navy SEALs that attempts to capture or kill a notorious Taliban leader. The film is based on the book Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10 by Marcus Luttrell.
The first trailer shows Alexander Ludwig (The Hunger Games) as a new SEAL joining the very close group. They are then sent out on "Operation Red Wings," but instead of finding a small group of enemy soldiers, they discover an army. When some of the local goat herders run into the SEALs in the woods, the operatives have to decide what they'll do with them. Their decision leads to deadly consequences.
Berg began developing Lone Survivor six years ago when Universal bought the book and life rights for $2 million against $3 million, but he directed 2012's Battleship (which also starred Kitsch) first. Lone Survivor was shot in New Mexico in October 2012.
Emmett/Furla Films produced the pic, with Foresight Unlimited handling international sales. Universal is distributing the film in the U.S.
The film will hit theaters Dec. 27.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Power of Pitbull: 'Timber' Rapper Reveals Plan to Become Next Billion-Dollar Brand
- New Photos From Kurt Cobain Suicide Released by Seattle Police
- Judd Apatow Reveals His Penis Rule and Talks About 'Girls' Sex Scenes Banned by HBO
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed