First Poster for Michael Bay's 'Pain and Gain' Hits Online (Photo)
The film stars Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson as Miami body builders who find themselves involved in a kidnapping plot.
From the looks of this first poster, the characters in Michael Bay's next film are going to be fueled by protein shakes, and lots of them.
With Pain and Gain, Bay is leaving the Transformers universe behind (for now) and muscling his way into Florida’s underbelly. The poster is simple, little more than a massive arm gracing the label of a protein powder bucket. The simplicity makes sense, considering this is supposed to be a smaller-scale project, at least compared to the Transformers films.
The Paramount Pictures film, starring Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson, is based upon a series of articles published in the Miami New Times, which chronicled the exploits of Florida body builders who eventually found themselves involved in some shady dealings.
In the film version, the protagonists will reportedly get wrapped up in some sort of kidnapping scheme.
Pain and Gain is slated for an April 26, 2013 release. Other stars set to have roles include Ed Harris, Anthony Mackie, Rob Corddry and Ken Jeong.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama