First Half Sales, Profit Down At Highlight
Swiss group counting on 'The Three Musketeers' to revive fortunes.
COLOGNE, Germany -- First half sales at Swiss rights group Highlight Communications slipped 11.5 percent to $201 million (159.7 million Swiss Francs) and profits were flat at $27.4 million as the group awaits the release of its two biggest films of the year: Paul W.S. Anderson's swashbuckler The Three Musketeers and German kids adventure tale Vicky and the Treasure of the Gods. Highlight controls Germany's Constantin Film, producer of both Musketeers and Vicky.
Constantin will bow Musketeers, which stars Logan Lerman, Milla Jovovich, Orlando Bloom, Matthew Macfadyen and Christoph Waltz, Sept. 1 in Germany. Kids title Vicky and the Treasure of the Gods is the sequel to Constantin's 2009 hit Vicky the Viking, which earned more than $40 million in its German release. It bows Sept. 29.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!