First 'Son of God' Trailer: Jesus Works Miracles and Is Betrayed and Crucified (Video)
The preview of the big-screen version of History's "The Bible" miniseries covers the major points in the New Testament story.
The first trailer for Son of God has debuted online.
The film is a big-screen adaptation of the History Channel's hit 10-hour miniseries The Bible, produced by Mark Burnett and wife Roma Downey. The movie will follow Jesus from his birth through his death and resurrection and is set to feature selections from the miniseries and additional scenes left on the cutting-room floor. Portuguese actor Diogo Morgado is reprising his role as the son of God.
The trailer covers the major points in the New Testament story, including Jesus' betrayal and crucifixion.
The first look at the movie also provides glimpses of Jesus' ability to work miracles, like making a man walk and helping a fisherman who believed there was nothing in the water return home with a net full of fish.
Jesus is also shown forgiving a man of his sins and spreading the word of God as he becomes increasingly popular.
The Bible garnered an average of 15 million viewers per episode and earned three Emmy nominations.
20th Century Fox is releasing the film in theaters on Feb. 28.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR