First Still From Lars von Trier's 'Nymphomaniac'
The picture from the hotly-anticipated film shows an unconscious Charlotte Gainsbourg lying discarded in an alley.
BERLIN - Lars von Trier has released the first still from his hotly-anticipated Nymphomaniac, the two-part sexual epic starring an all-star cast including Charlotte Gainsbourg, Stellan Skarsgard, Shia LaBeouf, Uma Thurman and Jamie Bell.
The picture shows Gainsbourg, who plays Jo, the self-diagnosed nymphomaniac of the film's title, lying unconscious in an alley. The film begins when an older bachelor Seligman (Skarsgard) finds Jo and takes her back to his home, where she tells him the story of her sexual history. Nymphomaniac will be released as two full-length feature films in both soft and hardcore versions.
Von Trier has completed shooting Nymphomaniac and sales agent TrustNordisk has pre-sold the project to multiple territories including the U.K. (Artificial Eye), Germany (Concorde) and France (Les Films du Losange). Trust will continue sales on the film at the European Film Market in Berlin.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)