First Theatrical Trailer and Poster for 'Trash Dance' Doc Released (Exclusive Video)
The film will first hit New York City on April 26 before being released in select U.S. cities.
Get ready to Dance.
Trash Dance, a documentary film directed by Andrew Garrison that won a special jury prize at South by Southwest in 2012, follows choreographer Allison Orr as she rides along with Austin sanitation workers on their daily routes. She later convinces them to perform a "ballet" using their trucks on an abandoned airport runway with thousands of spectators looking on. Orr spent months rehearsing with two dozen city sanitation workers and their trucks.
The film also won the audience award at both Silverdocs and Full Frame Documentary Film Festival.
The Hollywood Reporter debuts the theatrical trailer and poster for the doc, which hits New York City theaters April 26 followed by a limited run in select cities around the U.S.
Beginning May 3, Trash Dance will be available for streaming online in the U.S. and Canada at trashdancemovie.com.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR