First Trailer for J.D. Salinger Documentary Released (Video)
“Salinger” features interviews with Edward Norton and John Cusack.
Can the story of J.D. Salinger, one of America’s most notable recluses, be told as a thriller?
The first trailer for Salinger paints the late author of The Catcher in the Rye as an even more enigmatic character than previously thought. It insinuates Salinger's service in World War II -- and the carnage he witnessed -- fundamentally changed the man, and teases the contents of an unopened vault, purportedly containing unpublished works by the author.
We also get snippets of Edward Norton, John Cusack and Danny DeVito speaking about Salinger’s works and influence. The filmmakers say the documentary boasts interviews with 150 subjects, including Salinger’s friends and family and other members of his inner circle.
The film is being distributed by the Weinstein Co. and was directed by Shane Salerno, who co-wrote and executive produced Oliver Stone’s Savages.
TWC has plans to screen Salinger at film festivals before it is released in theaters Sept. 6. PBS holds U.S. television rights for its American Masters series.
Watch the trailer below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR