Firth, Davis, Keener take 'Genova' trip
CANNES -- Fresh from directing Angelina Jolie in the Out of Competition selection "A Mighty Heart," British director Michael Winterbottom will welcome Colin Firth, Hope Davis and Catherine Keener to lead his next project, "Genova."
Winterbottom will shoot with his finalized cast at the end of June on location in the Italian city of Genova as well as in Boston, with postproduction taking place in the U.K.
The movie is repped internationally in Cannes by Dreamachine, a merger of established art house sales houses Hanway and Celluloid Dreams.
Produced by Andrew Eaton for Eaton and Winterbottom's Revolution Films and co-financed by FilmFour, the U.K. Film Council and Aramid Entertainment, the movie also stars relative newcomers Willa Holland ("The O.C.") and Perla Haney-Jardine ("Kill Bill-Vol. 2").
"Genova" is written by Winterbottom and Laurence Coriat, with whom the director collaborated on both "A Mighty Heart" and "Wonderland" was co-developed with FilmFour.
Billed as a horror mystery story, the screenplay revolves around two American girls and their British father who move to Italy after their mother dies.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)