Five debut films among EFA Discovery noms
Prize for an upcoming director for a first full-length feature
COLOGNE, Germany -- Feo Aladag's honor killing drama "When We Leave," the anti-war Samuel Moaz's anti-war feature "Lebanon" and the juvenile delinquent drama "If I Want to Whistle, I Whistle," from Romanian director Florian Serban are among this year's nominees for the European Discovery prize at the 2010 European Film Awards.
Also in the running for the EFA's debut honor are the Italian psycho-thriller "The Double Hour" from director Giusellpe Capotondi and "Nothing Personal," a Netherlands-to-Ireland drama from first-timer Urszula Antoniak.
All five nominees have been picked up for the U.S. Olive Films has "When We Leave" and "Nothing Personal," Film Movement "If I Want to Whistle," Samuel Goldwyn "The Double Hour" and Sony Pictures Classics recently bowed "Lebanon."
Members of the European Film Academy will vote for the winners of the 23rd European Film Awards, which will be awarded Dec. 4 in Tallinn, Estonia.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR