Five Facts About New 'Wonder Woman' Star Adrianne Palicki
Below, five surprising facts about Adrianne Palicki, the star of NBC's Wonder Woman pilot:
1. She's already a comic book fan. Palicki collects and reads comic books, which could come in handy as she steps into the role of comic book icon Wonder Woman. The project, from David E. Kelley Prods. and Warner Bros. TV, is a retelling of the DC Comics title in which Wonder Woman, a.k.a. Diana Prince, tries to balance her life as a vigilante crime fighter, a successful corporate executive and a modern woman.
2. Her first acting role was a Lost in Space remake. The actress was born and raised in Ohio but moved to Los Angeles when she decided to pursue an acting career. Her first acting job was in John Woo's TV remake of the classic program Lost in Space for the WB Network, playing Judy Robinson. The pilot was developed during the 2003-04 development season but didn't get picked up to series. She is perhaps best known for her role in NBC's Friday Night Lights.
3. She performs her own stunts. In the movie Legion, Palicki played a girl pregnant with the messiah. "I kick some ass, but it’s hard to do when you’re uhhhh [making a pregnant stomach with her hands]," she said about the role.
4. She takes on Jennifer Grey's role in the upcoming Red Dawn remake. Palicki plays Toni in the remake of the 1984 film, which also stars Chris Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, josh Peck, Isabel Lucas and Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Of the remake, she has said: "It’s interesting, it’s a much different movie. It is completely different. I actually just saw Red Dawn for the first time a month ago. But after having read the script that I’m going to be in. … It’s just such a completely different movie. It’s more character-driven, obviously the bad guys are different. There’s a lot more action."
5. She's a budding artist. Palicki says when she's not working, she likes to paint and draw.