Five Facts About 'Prom' Star Aimee Teegarden
The actress, fresh off the heels of "Friday Night Lights," is both a self-described good girl and CEO of her own company.
Here are five facts about the actress:
1. While her onscreen character plans her high school's prom night, Teegarden spent her own high school years working on Friday Night Lights. She started playing the character of Julie Taylor when she was only 16.
2. Playing a good girl in Prom wasn't a far stretch from real life. Even though Teegarden is 21 years old now, she's a self-proclaimed "lame." "In bed at 10 o'clock," she told Good Day LA. The party scene has "never really been my scene."
3. Her parents and grandparents made sure she could indulge all of her interests growing up. Teegarden was in Girl Scouts and also played baseball and soccer. Oh yeah, and acting was an interest of hers too: "I loved watching TV and movies, and I didn't quite understand what it was, but I [knew I] wanted to do it," Teegarden told Good Day LA. "[It was] the idea of being able to be one person one moment and then switch hats and be a politician the next."
4. She can scream bloody murder. You can also see Teegarden in theaters now as the sweet and innocent Jenny Randall in Scream 4. SPOILER ALERT: In this flick, unfortunately, her teen character has a less-than-happy ending.
5. We have her to thank for a viral video. Remember that one contestant in the Miss Teen USA 2007 pageant who rambled out her answer on why a fifth of Americans can't locate the U.S. on a world map? Teegarden asked that question.
6. While she never made it to prom in real life, she can say she's done more than most of her peers. Teegarden is the CEO of her own company and can now add associate producer to her resume, as she both produced and starred in the Dennis Quaid thriller Beneath the Darkness, out this year.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR