Five signs deal with TV.com
Channel to offer episodes of 'Neighbours,' 'Home and Away'
LONDON -- The Five channel has signed a deal with CBS-owned TV.com to offer full-length episodes of such shows as "Neighbours," "Home and Away" and "The Gadget Show" on the on-demand platform.
The partnership with RTL-owned Five is the first major deal for longform content in Europe for TV.com, which is owned and operated by CBS Interactive and is Five's latest step in a strategy to syndicate its television content onto leading on-demand platforms.
Ad-supported shows will become available shortly after broadcast on Five, with a further 250 hours of archived Five shows also available. The deal builds on an existing relationship between CBS and Five, under which the U.K. channel airs such shows as the "CSI" franchise and "NCIS."
The market for on-demand programming in the U.K. is burgeoning, with such platforms as YouTube and SeeSaw signing a flurry of longform content deals, while such platforms as the BBC's iPLayer and ITV's ITV.com garner millions of views each month.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR