'Flashpoint' eyes international sales
Moves to Thursdays with a 'CSI' lead-in
TORONTO -- Alchemy Television and TeleMunchen are set to jointly unveil a slew of international deals for the CBS series "Flashpoint," just as the rookie Canadian drama moves this week to Thursday nights from Fridays.
"Flashpoint" co-producer Bill Mustos on Tuesday said that Alchemy and TeleMunchen, co-distributors outside of North America for the Toronto-produced cop drama, have inked deals for most international territories and could announce them as early as this week.
"There's only a few territories left that are unsold," Mustos said.
CBS and CTV, the series' Canadian broadcaster, have shifted "Flashpoint" to Thursdays at 10 p.m., where it will enjoy a "CSI" lead-in.
The move follows the cop drama's second consecutive week winning Friday night on both CTV and CBS.
"Flashpoint" bowed two weeks ago on CTV with 1.1 million viewers -- impressive in a Canadian market where 1 million viewers represents a popular hit -- before the second episode slipped to 908,000 viewers last Friday.
Mustos, who co-produces the series with Anne Marie La Traverse, predicts that CBS will make no decision on whether to order a second season of "Flashpoint" before it has a chance to see how the Canadian drama performs in the coming weeks.
He added that the pending international sales for "Flashpoint" also will factor in whether the Canadian drama gets a sophomore run.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jennifer Garner's Birthday Will Be Spent At A Talent Show
- Pharrell Williams Tells Oprah About The Big Mistake He Made On His First Solo Album (VIDEO)
- The First 'Orange Is The New Black' Season 2 Trailer Is Finally Here And It's Amazing
- A Bloods General Describes Gang Life In Exclusive Clip From Tribeca Film, 'Five Star'