'Flashpoint' makes splash for CTV
Cop drama exceeds 1.7 mil viewers on Friday
TORONTO -- CBS' "Flashpoint" has caught fire for co-producer CTV, the Canadian broadcaster that created the cop drama.
"Flashpoint" delivered 1.74 million viewers Friday at 9 p.m. for CTV, up sharply from a week-earlier second-season debut of 1.27 million viewers, according to BBM Nielsen Media Research.
That put the Canadian drama on par with ABC's "Desperate Housewives," which drew 1.64 million viewers on CTV this past week, and NBC's "ER" with 1.62 million viewers.
The last outing for "Flashpoint" also marked the biggest audience for a Canadian drama in a decade, since "Due South," another homegrown crime drama from CTV, aired on CBS during the 1990s.
"Flashpoint," which is set in Toronto and features Canadian actors, also drew 10.38 million viewers for CBS on Friday night, compared with 10.1 million viewers a week earlier on Jan. 12.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)