Focus Features Acquires Wes Anderson's 'Moonrise Kingdom'
The company’s foreign sales arm will beginpitching it to foreign buyers at Cannes later this month.
Focus Features has acquired worldwide rights to Wes Anderson’s upcoming feature, Moonrise Kingdom, Focus CEO James Schamus announced Monday.
Focus will release the indie film in the U.S., while the company’s foreign sales arm will begin pitching it to foreign buyers at Cannes later this month.
Filming has begun on the project - which stars Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and Frances McDormand – about a young couple who go off to be together even though people in their small New England town are convinced they've disappeared.
Anderson is directing from an original screenplay that he wrote with Roman Coppola.
Moonrise Kingdom is being produced by Mr. Anderson, Scott Rudin, Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and American Empirical’s Jeremy Dawson.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!