Josh McLaughlin Joining Focus Features as Senior VP, Production
The executive previously worked at Chernin Entertainment and The Mark Gordon Company.
Josh McLaughlin is joining Focus Features as senior vice president, production. He will be based in the company’s West Coast offices and report to Focus president of production Jeb Brody, who announced his appointment Friday.
McLaughlin comes to Focus from Chernin Entertainment, where he had been serving as executive vp. Prior to that, he was executive vp and co-head of the motion picture division of The Mark Gordon Company, where he produced Kasi Lemmon’s Talk to Me, starring Don Cheadle, which was released by Focus.
“Josh is a gifted executive who not only has extensive relationships within the creative community -- particularly with directors and writers -- but who also has a knack for finding and developing smart material,” Brody said.
Current and upcoming Focus releases include Being Flynn, written and directed by Paul Weitz and starring Robert De Niro and Paul Dano; Moonrise Kingdom, the new feature from Wes Anderson that will world premiere as the opening night film of this May’s Cannes Film Festival; and Lorene Scafaria’s Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, starring Steve Carell and Keira Knightley.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR