Focus Features Nabs Lorene Scafaria's 'Seeking a Friend for the End of the World' (Cannes)
The studio has picked up U.S. rights to the Keira Knightley-Steve Carell romantic comedy, which begins production this month.
Focus Features has snapped up U.S. distribution rights to writer/director Lorene Scafaria’s Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, starring Keira Knightley and Steve Carell.
Indian Paintbrush and Mandate Pictures are co-financing the contemporary comedic romance, which Scafaria begins lensing in Los Angeles this month.
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World is being produced by Steve Golin and Joy Gorman of Anonymous Content, and by Indian Paintbrush’s Steven Rales and Mark Roybal. Mandate Pictures’ Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown are executive producers.
Lionsgate Int’l president of international sales Helen Kim will shop the project to foreign buyers at the Cannes Film Market, which gets underway this week.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR