Foo Fighters to Perform on Grammy Awards
The band, who are nominated for six awards at the Feb. 12 ceremony, including Album of the Year, announced the news on Facebook.
The Foo Fighters will perform at the Grammy Awards on Feb. 12.
The band made the announcement on its Facebook page late on Jan. 11, writing, "Hey guys... Guess who's playing on The Grammys ? Yup. Your pals Foo Fighters. Feb.12, 8pm ET/PT, on CBS."
The Foos are up for six Grammys at this year's ceremony, which honors 2011 releases, including Album of the Year. Wasting Light, the band's seventh release album, was an analog production recorded by producer Butch Vig in frontman Dave Grohl's garage without the use of computers or digital enhancements. It's up against Adele's 21, Lady Gaga's Born This Way, Bruno Mars' Doo Wops and Hooligans and Rihanna's Loud.
The band is also nominated for Best Rock Performance and Best Rock Song for "Walk," Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance for the track "White Limo," Best Long Form Music Video for the documentary Back and Forth and Best Rock Album.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR