Foo Fighters Return to Pukkelpop Festival One Year After Stage Collapse
Five died when a freak storm destroyed a stage at the Belgium pop festival last year.
COLOGNE, Germany – The Foo Fighters are returning to headline Belgium pop music festival Pukkelpop a year after the festival was suddenly cancelled after a stage collapse left five dead and around 100 injured.
The tragedy meant that the Foo Fighters, the top-billed act for Pukkelpop 2011, never took the stage. The band has returned to the three-day fest this year and will close out Pukkelpop 2012 on Saturday.
Last year, Pukkelpop was shut down on its opening day after sudden, torrential winds uprooted trees and tore down two of the festival stages as well as several speakers and projection screens. Other acts that had been scheduled to play included Eminem and The Offspring. Initially, it was unclear if Pukkelpop would return but the Belgium government ruled the storm anatural disaster and absolved the organizers of any responsibility for the disaster.
Other big names at this year's festival, which runs Aug. 16-19, includes Bjork, Snoop Dogg, The Black Keys, Wilco and The Stone Roses.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short