Food Network Canada Launches Nationwide Recipe Contest
Canadian cooks to compete for $250,000 top prize, and their recipe featured nationwide on grocery shelves.
TORONTO -- Food Network Canada has done well by Guy Fieri’s Ultimate Recipe Showdown, so it’s launching its own nationwide TV recipe contest north of the border.
Indie producer Temple Street Productions is to produce Recipe for Riches as an original competition cooking series for the Canadian cable food channel.
The Canuck reality series will see Canadian cooks compete for a top cash prize of $250,000 as the winning recipe is featured nationwide in Loblaw grocery stores.
After a nationwide casting call, Canuck contestants will also slice and dice to compete in seven initial food categories for $25,000 prizes.
“There is a strong appetite among Canadian viewers for this kind of format and no shortage of culinary talent to be showcased,” said Barb Williams, senior vp of content for Shaw Media, parent of Food Network Canada, said.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack