'Football' still in ABC's game
ABC's drama "Football Wives" is going into overtime. ABC Studios, which produced the pilot based on the popular ITV series "Footballers Wives," has extended the options on the actors, an indication that the project remains in contention at ABC. "Football Wives," written by Marco Pennette and directed by Bryan Singer, was one of ABC's highest-profile pilots this past development season, and its failure to make it onto the network's schedule was considered a surprise. Revolving around the wives of professional football players, the show stars Gabrielle Union, Lucy Lawless, Kiele Sanchez, Ving Rhames and James Van Der Beek. Although ABC still has the rights to "Wives," sources said that several other networks, including NBC and Fox, have expressed interest if ABC decides to pass on it. ABC Studios is producing the project with Brancato/Salke and Shed Prods.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Closed Captioning Finally Enters Digital Age
- 'Jurassic World': See The first Images From The Set Of Next Summer's Dinosaur Flick
- 'A New Earth' Author Eckhart Tolle Says We Have An Addiction To Unhappiness (VIDEO)
- Lake Bell Reveals Pregnancy By Cradling Her Belly In Tight Jumpsuit At Vanity Fair Party