'Football' still in ABC's game
ABC's drama "Football Wives" is going into overtime. ABC Studios, which produced the pilot based on the popular ITV series "Footballers Wives," has extended the options on the actors, an indication that the project remains in contention at ABC. "Football Wives," written by Marco Pennette and directed by Bryan Singer, was one of ABC's highest-profile pilots this past development season, and its failure to make it onto the network's schedule was considered a surprise. Revolving around the wives of professional football players, the show stars Gabrielle Union, Lucy Lawless, Kiele Sanchez, Ving Rhames and James Van Der Beek. Although ABC still has the rights to "Wives," sources said that several other networks, including NBC and Fox, have expressed interest if ABC decides to pass on it. ABC Studios is producing the project with Brancato/Salke and Shed Prods.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack