Apple's Starring Roles on the Big and Small Screen (Photos)
Steve Jobs’ legacy reaches far beyond the tech sector with his products featured prominently in TV and film, including in the upcoming remake of "Footloose."
Steve Jobs’ legacy reaches far beyond the tech sector with his products becoming prominent co-stars in entertainment.
How would Meg Ryan’s character have ever e-mailed with her anonymous love interest in You’ve Got Mail if it weren’t for the G3 PowerBook? What would The Office co-workers have fought over during Secret Santa if it weren’t for the iPod?
The entertainment world has been influenced in so many ways by the creations of Steve Jobs and Apple. Sometimes, a product, such as the iPad in Modern Family, even becomes a central character of an episode.
In the upcoming Footloose remake, an iPod is worn by Ren McCormack (Kenny Wormald) as he rebuild his car, and even in the beginning of one of the most memorable dance scenes in film. What a change from the 1984 original.
While Apple products have been seen in many shows and movies over the years, there have been a memorable few in which the products have really affected the direction of the story.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR