FOR-A to Unveil 4K Slow Mo Camera
FT-ONE supports up to 1000 frames per second.
FOR-A plans to introduce a 4K camera that supports variable frame rates up to 1000 frames per second to enable slow motion capabilities.
“While digital cinematography has been widely adopted within the motion picture production and postproduction communities, there has been a technology gap — the ability to record a super slow motion image at full 4K resolution,” said FOR-A president Hiro Tanoue in a statement. “The new FT-ONE completes the 4K workflow by introducing this ability.”
According to FOR-A, images are captured as uncompressed raw data on the system’s internal (RAM) memory, which has a recording capacity of 8.5 seconds. This data is stored on one of two hot-swappable SSD cartridges (each capable of storing 75 seconds of 4K images).
FOR-A reported that the FT-ONE — which weights 7kg — incorporates a newly-developed CMOS sensor, uses PL mount lenses, and is capable of simultaneously recording and playing back in 4K resolution. Pricing and availability was not announced.
The camera will be displayed at production technology show Cine Gear Expo, June 1-2 at The Studios at Paramount.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game