'Barney Miller' Actor Steve Landesberg Dies at 65
The actor, who had been battling cancer, recently appeared in the film "Forgetting Sarah Marshall."
Steve Landesberg, who recently starred in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, has died. He was 65.
"It is with great sadness to report the loss of my friend and client Steve Landesberg," his agent Jeffrey Leavitt said in a statement. "Working with Steve was an honor both personally and professionally. My heart goes out to his family. He will be missed."
The actor, who was known for his role on the long-running television series Barney Miller passed away Friday morning from cancer, after a prolonged fight with the disease.
Landesberg played a pediatrician, Dr. Rosenbaum, in 2009’s Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and portrayed Arthur Dietrich on Barney Miller, which aired on the small screen from 1975-82.
Landesberg was born Nov. 23, 1945 in New York City. He has appeared in several TV series, including: Head Case; Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law; Cosby; The Golden Girls; Paul Sand in Friends and Lovers; Everybody Hates Chris; and Seinfeld.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR