The Forum Mounts Spinning Eagles' Vinyl Record Atop Revamped Arena
A mock-up of "Hotel California" celebrates The Eagles' six-date inauguration of the Los Angeles arena's renovation.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
To toast the Eagles' six-date inauguration of the $100 million renovation of Los Angeles arena The Forum, they went real big, mounting the biggest piece of vinyl in the world -- a mock-up of "Hotel California" -- on top of the arena, spinning around at 17 miles per hour, or a little less than 1 RPM. They've dubbed it a "maxi-disc."
The monumental stunt was conceived by New York-based firm Pop2Life, who commissioned 75 workers to construct the piece. The Eagles will play the venue on January 15, 17, 18, 22, 24 and 25th.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR