Four fitted for bilingual 'Shoe'
NEW YORK -- Justin Bartha, Melanie Laurent, Billy Boyd and Jessica Pare are set to star in the English- and French-language romantic comedy "Shoe at Your Foot."
Bartha will play Jack, an American who wins a vacation for two to Paris but gets dumped by his girlfriend (Pare) just before the trip. He decides to go by himself, only to find that his luggage has been swapped with the identical bag of French businesswoman Chloe (Laurent).
As Jack is trapped inside his hotel with no money, clothes or French-language skills, Chloe falls in love with his belongings (including his shoes) and, feeling fate has brought them together, sets out on a search to find him. Boyd (the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy) is attached to play Jack's Scottish best friend, who persuades him to take the trip alone.
Writer-director Jennifer Devoldere's first feature has begun a six-week shoot in Paris, to be followed by a week in Montreal.
Bartha's credits include "Failure to Launch," "National Treasure," "Trust the Man" and the upcoming "National Treasure: Book of Secrets."
Laurent won this year's Cesar, Lumiere and Etoiles d'Or awards as most promising actress for her starring role in Philippe Lioret's "Je vais bien, ne t'en fais pas." Her other credits include the Oscar-nominated "Days of Glory," "The Beat That My Heart Skipped" and the upcoming "Paris" with Juliette Binoche.
The French/Canadian feature is produced by Quad Prods.' Nicolas Duval-Adassovsky and Bruno Chiche and Remstar Prods.' Andre Rouleau and Maxime Remillard. Financing was provided by Canal Plus, TF1 and Studio 37.
The latter production outfit prebought some of the film's theatrical and video rights, providing a minimum guarantee on international sales. Remstar holds rights for North American distribution sales.
Remstar's projects include the horror film "An American Haunting." Quad's features include "Just Friends," starring Gerard Depardieu, and "Viva Cuba."
Bartha is repped by ICM and Scott Wexler at Anonymous Content. Laurent is repped by Artmedia. Boyd is repped by SDB, Brunskill Management and Seven Summits Pictures & Management. Pare is repped by ICM, Andi State at Encore Entertainment and Nick Frenkel at 3 Arts Entertainment.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama