Four trying their 'Luck' in HBO pilot
Kevin Dunn, Nick Nolte betting on horseracing drama
Kevin Dunn has been tapped to co-star on HBO's drama pilot "Luck," with "Rome" alumna Kerry Condon and Tom Payne also set and Nick Nolte in talks for the horse drama starring Dustin Hoffman.
"Luck," from Michael Mann and David Milch, takes a look at the worlds of horse racing and gambling through a diverse group of characters surrounding a racetrack. It centers on an intelligent, intuitive tough man (Hoffman) who always has been involved with gambling.
Dunn will play the prodigious misanthrope who is the ringmaster of a syndicate of misfits. Nolte would play the trainer of a top racehorse. Condon will play the exercise rider for the horse who is interested in Bug Boy (British actor Payne), an apprentice jockey.
The quartet joins previously cast Hoffman, Dennis Farina and John Ortiz.
Dunn, who next appears in Tony Scott's "Unstoppable," in negotiations to reprise his role as Sam Witwicky in the third "Transformers" film. He is repped by Gersh and Lighthouse.
For Nolte, "Luck" marks the first TV project since his breakthrough role on the 1976 miniseries "Rich Man, Poor Man."
Condon, recently seen in "The Last Station," is repped by ICM and Troy Nankin.
Payne is with Paradigm, U.K.'s ARG and Untitled.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera